Don’t just view signage, experience it!
Engage customers and generate sales with interactive digital signs.
- DescoAV has the cutting-edge electronics
- GCI has the marketing and design know-how to make your new digital signage achieve your goals
- Add those to your business or organization and you’ve just turned a blank wall into a powerful sales tool.
Digital Signage is a Powerful Eye Catching Tool
You can call GCI (360.786.9657) for a complimentary consultation about your digital signage needs before you make your purchase with DescoAV
Q: What are the most important things I need to know about BrightSigns?
A: They are the market leader in digital signage media players:
- offers the highest standard of reliability and affordability
- exceptional features and capabilities for unlimited signage possibilities
- all models include free BrightAuthor software, making it easy to create & update presentations
- can be connected to network and internet for syncing, clock events, RSS and twitter feeds, but not required.
Q: What are the models and prices?
- XD230 – $450
- XD1030 – $600
- XD1230 – $700
Prices reflect current prices for October 2013, and may change at any time without notice on this page.
Q: What is Digital Signage?
A: Digital Signage refers to using a flat panel TV or display as an electronic, multi-media advertising display. Digital signage can use live TV/video, graphics, sound, and animation to attract attention and create colorful digital signs.
Q: Why should I use digital signage?
A: Digital signage is one of the most eye-catching ways to engage your customers. It’s an easy, cost effective way to get noticed, educate, entertain, and deliver consistent messages to your customers when you can’t – especially if you have a high-traffic area or a captive audience like a waiting area, restaurant/bar, service area at a car dealership etc. The content is easily changed to keep up with promotions and changing sign needs.
Q: What kind of things can I use it for?
A: The uses for digital signage are only limited by your imagination. Whether it is a single panel or a multi-panel display, digital signage can convey your message in a clean and dynamic format that the business owner controls.
It’s ideal for: retail signs, video walls at car dealership or casinos, waiting rooms, restaurants, bars & pubs, schools, banks, hotels & event centers, golf courses, gyms and physical therapy, spas, hair salons, etc.
Q: What do I have to buy to make it work?
A: All you need is flat panel TV and a BrightSign media player.
Q: Do I have to buy a new TV?
A: No, as long as the TV you intend to use has an HDMI or VGA input available.
Q: Why should I buy your media player over the other guy?
A: We put a lot of research into selecting a complete digital signage solution to offer our customers. BrightSign is the market leader in digital media players. They offer the most extensive features and capabilities and deliver the highest standard of reliability and affordability. The software to create the presentations is free and there are no required monthly subscriptions.
Q: What are the key features?
- Powerful Video Engine: BrightSign XD models feature advanced video decoding with superior scaling technology that delivers pristine 1080p60 video, uncompromised decoding capable of playing two 1080p60 videos simultaneously, as well as 3D content.
- Live HDTV: BrightSign XD1230 brings Live HDTV to your signage with an ATSC/Clear QAM tuner that plays cable TV or closed circuit TV, an HDMI input that plays any broadcast content – even protected HDCP content.
- HTML 5: Web designers can easily build content to run on BrightSign XD.
- Touch & Swipe: BrightSign touch screen support now includes the popular “swipe” interactivity and only BrighSign includes the free BrightAuthor software to easily create interactive playlists and touch areas.
- Video Walls: Synchronized playback between multiple video displays including non-standard display shapes and mixed screen orientation.
- Interactivity: Trigger transitions and playback from virtually any type of interactive device including barcode scanners, motions sensors, RFID, GPIO, USB button controls, touch screens, mice and more.
- Zones: Playback multiple content types and multiple videos on a single screen using upto 5 zones.
- BrightSign App: Easily update messaging and interact with locally networked signage using your iPad or iPhone.
- RSS & Social Media Feeds: Live RSS, Twitter and more. Display virtually any RSS data feed available.
- Live Text: Live text fields can be integrated anywhere in your presentation to instantly update content without republishing the entire presentation. Perfect for menu board pricing, waitlists, transportation schedules and more.
- Geo-Fencing: Play content targeted to the current location of your moving digital signage.
- IP Streaming: Easily connect to IP cameras to stream full HD video over a local area network in full screen or zoned layouts.
- Networking: BrightSign’s networked models make it easy to update content, playback live content, monitor and manage your digital signs remotely.
Q: How is my content loaded into the media player?
A: It can be saved on to a SD card and plugged directly into the player, it can be web-hosted on your website or you can pay to connect to the BrightSign Network.
Q: Is there a fee for upgrades?
Q: Is there technical support available?
Q: Is there a monthly subscription that I have to pay?
A: No. Unlike some other digital signage options there are no monthly fees to use the media player. You can pay for additional web-hosting services via the BrightSign Network, which is not required and rarely needed.
Q: Do I have to subscribe to a service to host the presentation?
A: No. You publish the presentation to an SD card or use your own web hosting. You can also pay to host your presentation on the BrightSign network.
Q: What kind of graphics can I use?
A: Digital signage can include live tv/video, HTML 5, photos, graphics, sound, text, animation, and even live RSS and Twitter text feeds.
Q: What kind of software does it run on?
A: BrightAuthor is a PC software application for BrightSign. It makes creating, publishing and managing BrightSign presentations simple and dependable.
Q: Is there a fee for the software?
A: No. BrightAuthor software is free. You can download it directly from the BrightSign web site.
Q: Do I have to buy anything extra when I purchase the media player to connect it or make it work?
A: No. If you already have a TV with HDMI or VGA input, you are good to go.
Q: What is the warranty?
A: There is a one year warranty.
Q: Are you running a special or promotion that I can take advantage of now?
A: Yes, for $999 you get
- Sony 40-inch LED flat panel TV,
- BrightSign XD230 media player
- Single screen programming services by GCI
Q: If I bought the special today, how quickly can I be up and running?
A: 2 to 3 weeks.